Monday, December 28, 2009

About & FAQ

About the Author:

Hi, I'm Wilson. I'm a full-time student whose interest in traveling has developed at a young age. Through traveling I have acquired an interest in architecture, design, food, and photography; traveling has shaped a part of my life and is one of my great interests.

About the Blog:

Eat. Travel. Eat! is a blog primarily focused on traveling, food, and photography. It is the continuation of my online reviews from Tripadvisor, which started when I planned a vacation to Seattle. I always have wanted to help people in some way or another, and so Tripadvisor seemed like the perfect outlet to help readers pick places to eat, stay, or visit. I wrote on Tripadvisor for about two years as a member and forum participant until thoughts came to me to start a blog during 2008. The day after I thought about starting a blog, Eat. Travel. Eat! came online on December 26, 2008.

 See me at:
The first real post went online on December 29, about Embassy Kitchen and I have been writing reviews since then!

Why Eat. Travel. Eat!...

Eat.- Eating around the community
Travel.- I like to travel.
Eat!- When I travel, it's all about exploring different cultures; an easy way to do that is to try the various foods available. Hence an exclamation mark!

Photography/ Photos and Camera Gear Advice

The very common misconception is that expensive camera or lens equals astounding pictures. That is not completely correct however; the camera is just the tool you are using. You can have a Steinway & Sons piano, but your performance on it will ultimately be drab if you put no effort and thinking into it! So, putting it harshly, if you say you take bad pictures, you are either saying you have stupid and bad thinking or you need help. Maybe that's what you want people to think you as, but let's be more optimistic here! Of course, get yourself a decent camera. Just like how you would want a good car and not a clunker.

How to improve on your photography? Practice! You have to get out there and take pictures in order to fully take advantage of your camera and to form a vision of the pictures you would like to take. The same goes with gear. Expand on gear when needed-- more gear will help you gain the results you want.

Some websites I like on photography include White on Rice Couple or Ken Rockwell, which both have really helped me understand my own camera and take better pictures. And also, do look at your manual of your camera for help as well. I can not tell you how grateful everyone is with great helpers online like these people who teach their knowledge to us.


My primary camera is a Nikon D90, coupled with one of the following:

-Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
-Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR 
-Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8 ED
-Nikon AF Micro-NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8D
-Nikon AF NIKKOR 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G 

and occasionally, an Nikon SB-600 speedlight.


My secondary camera is my Nokia Lumia 1020. In the past I took pictures with a Sony W90 and W120 camera, as well as a Nokia Lumia 920.

Press Mentions

FAQ

Do you accept samples?
Eat. Travel. Eat! has worked with various companies on product samples. We do not guarantee that your product will be placed onto the blog, and reserve the right to maintain our own opinions. Email for more information at eattraveleat@gmail.com.

Are interviews allowed?
Sure, preferably by email. I'll answer your questions and provide any additional information if you would like.

Have any more questions? Leave a comment below. I'll add it to the post if it suits.

Awards

http://schema.org/ImageObject
">

Orange County's Favorite Food Critics and Bloggers

http://www.restaurantdiscountwarehouse.com/blog/post/2015/02/05/RDW-Announces-Orange-Countys-Top-Food-Critics-and-Bloggers/ " target="_blank" title="Orange County's Top Food Critics and Bloggers">http://www.restaurantdiscountwarehouse.com/blog/image.axd?picture=%2f2015%2f02%2forange_county.gif " itemprop="contentURL" alt="Orange County's Top Food Critics and Bloggers" />


[sh2.jpg]



[Queen+award+-+Queen+of+All+Things+Awe-Summm.gif]

1 comment:

Ansam said...

IN LOVE with your blog - I came across a post about Hong Kong and fell in love with your posts and pictures!